Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh How He Loves Us



How can God allow a whole nation to suffer in such poverty, filth & desperation? That isn't fair. These are the questions and statements I and the people I share my experience with have been mulling over since I returned from Haiti over a week ago. I know my God is a loving God. It is His character and it can not be changed. So how do I reconcile this truth with what I have seen in Haiti? This question did not rock my faith. In my whole being I have always believed that God is Compassionate, Loving and full of grace. Yet, I couldn't quite overcome the quiet, nagging whispers rattling in the corners of my mind. "It really isn't fair. They didn't choose this anymore than I chose to be born in a loving family in a wealthy country with countless opportunities." Than Saturday at church during worship I was enveloped be God's presence. While singing David Crowder Band's "How He Loves" an overwhelming understanding that God loves every single living being as His beloved penetrated me. That is enough. He is all we need. More than wealth. More than sunshine. More than clean water. More than than food. Poverty, sickness and even death can not take away the best gift everyone has been offered. The love of our Father through the sacrifice of His one and only beloved son to die on a cross for us. He lovingly offers this, the greatest gift, more precious than gold to anyone who would receive. To the Queen sitting on her thrown, to the business man in a power suit at a power luncheon, to the spoiled child in a mansion surrounded by toys and delights, to the orphan abandoned and starving, to the sick child slowly dying in a crib in a sea of dying, to those living in tent cities with only the clothes on their back, to the poorest of City Soleil wondering where they will find clean water and a crumb of food for their starving child. Yes, Everyone is loved. Everyone. Life is not fair but our GOD IS LOVE. That is enough.

And oh, how He loves us oh. Oh how He loves us, How He loves us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment