Saturday, July 2, 2011

GOOD MORNING HAITI






The mornings in Haiti are one of my favorite times. I love to hear Haiti coming to life and have time to reflect in the peace of the morning. The sound of the roosters and the people on the street are such a comfort knowing that it is a new day.




My reflection today has been on Healing Haiti. How the dream of two people has evolved here.


Not only helping the people of Haiti but all of us who are blessed to visit this place.


Thinking about all we have done so far this week and how Healing Haiti has touched so many places here just amazes me.




We have delivered water in a place where they have none. We drove up to Reiser Heights another area far from the dust and crowds of the city. A school which bears the name of a man who has done so much for me and continues to serve the poor in the area through the help of Healing Haiti. Through their support the school and community have been able to touch so many.




Then off to the other side of the island where Grace Village is coming to life. The people who will benefit from this place will be many. It is a beautiful peacefull place and I can't wait to see the faces of the children when they move into their new home.




I wish I could have started coming here a long time ago. It is so nice to see parent's bringing their younger children along with them. I can't imagine what the impact of this place will do to their hearts for the poor.




I want to do so much more here. It is very hard to think about leaving again. I am so thankful and blessed to have this short time here, to see God at work through a vision of two, who have spread their love for God and the poor of Haiti across the world.




God Bless Healing Haiti, the dream and vision of God working through Jeff & Alyn

No comments:

Post a Comment